International Montessori School offers a limited number of need-based assistance packages each year. Unfortunately, we do not cover 100% of tuition costs for any student. However, we strive to provide some level of assistance for those who require it each year, depending on budgetary factors. All those interested in financial assistance must submit their application for assistance no later than February 10, 2017. Requests for assistance submitted after the February 10, 2017 deadline will be considered on a case by case basis depending on available unallocated funds.
Information About Applying for Financial Assistance
We use SSS by NAIS as our online system for processing financial assistance applications. The details for using their system are explained in the documents below.
Additional Potential Resources
From time to time, we find or receive information for additional external resources that can assist families in financing their child's education at IMS. We will share what we learn here to assist with your research. IMS does not endorse any particular program nor do we necessarily have families who have received assistance through the programs below. Please contact the organizations directly if you have questions about their programs.
NC Opportunity Scholarship Program
The Opportunity Scholarship Program expands school choice in North Carolina through scholarship grants for eligible children in kindergarten through 12th grade. This program provides funding of up to $4,200 per year for eligible children who choose to attend a participating nonpublic school. Please note this program is need-based and uses a lottery system. Please see their website for details and deadlines: http://www.ncseaa.edu/OSG.htm.
To be eligible to apply the student must meet all of these four criteria:
1. Live in a household that meets the Income Eligibility Guidelines established by the Program;
2. Enroll in a participating nonpublic school in North Carolina;
3. Not have received a high school diploma; and
4. Be 5 on or before August 31, 2017.
And the student must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Be assigned to and attend a North Carolina public school for at least 75 school days the previous semester (spring 2017);
2. Have received an Opportunity Scholarship during the previous school year (2016-17);
3. Be entering kindergarten or the first grade;
4. Be a foster child; or
5. Have been adopted within the last year.
NC Disabilities Grant Program
The Disabilities Grant Program was created by the North Carolina General Assembly to help parents pay qualified expenses for children with disabilities who attend school in an eligible nonpublic setting. The Disabilities Grant Program is for children who are just starting school, or who are currently attending a public school and change to an eligible school. Please see their website for details and deadlines: http://www.ncseaa.edu/CDSG.htm.
The following criteria must all be met for a family to receive a grant.
The student must:
• Be a child with a disability
• Receive special education at least 75 days of the semester for reimbursement of eligible expenses
• Be enrolled in an approved eligible school or home school
• Be enrolled for at least 75 days for the semester for which the parent seeks reimbursement for tuition
• Be at least 5 by August 31st, but younger than 22
• Not be in a nonpublic school at public expense
• Not receive public school services while using the grant
• Not have a high school diploma
• Never have been enrolled full-time at a postsecondary institution (college or technical school)
In addition to the above, the student must:
• Have been previously approved to receive the grant OR
• Have been enrolled in a North Carolina public school for the entire previous semester (defined as at least 75 school days) OR
• Be eligible for enrollment in kindergarten or first grade in a North Carolina public school